Anyone entitled to receive the Notice of Proposed Action can object to it by delivering or mailing a written objection to the personal representative at the address in the notice. (Cal. Prob. Code § 10587(b)).

Alternatively, the objecting party may request from the probate court an order restraining the personal representative from taking the proposed action without court supervision. Here the court has broad powers in response to the objection of an interested party. The court must grant such a request even without the obligation of giving notice to the personal representative and without cause being shown for the order. Once a restraining order has been issued or the personal representative has received notice of written objections to the Notice of Proposed Action, court supervision is required in order to take any action pertaining to that property. (Cal. Prob. Code § 10589.)