Yes, the personal representative must give a “Notice of Proposed Action” when selling estate real property without court supervision (Cal. Prob. Code §§ 10510, 10511). The personal representative must inform the following persons and entities with an interest which may be affected by the proposed sale, unless they have waived in writing such notice or have provided written consent to the sale:

  • Each person named in a will;
  • Each known heir entitled by law to property of a decedent dying without a will;
  • Other interested persons requesting notice, such as creditors or beneficiaries of a trust; and
  • The Attorney General, if any portion of the property is to go to the State.

(Cal. Prob. Code § 10581.)